We are continuously bringing new improvements, security updates and features to Job Ready. We are pleased to present our latest development updates.
A summary of what's changed...
- The ability to specify an Employer's Primary Contact has now been added.
- You can now identify when a Job Seeker has unsubscribed from Bulk Email communications from the Primary Contact section of a Job Seeker's record.
- When creating a new Job Seeker, their preferred contact method will default based on the communication preferences outlined in Admin Settings.
- A filter for Vacancy Type is now available from the All Placements index page.
- Suspension-related data will now display in the ESS Data Panel.
Primary Contact for Employers
We have added the capability to select and display a Primary Contact for Employer records. When creating a new Contact from the Employer record, you can select whether the contact is the Primary Contact from the drop-down menu. Additionally, you can select a Primary Contact from the drop-down menu when editing an Employer record.
Please note that only Active contacts can be selected from the drop-down menu in the Edit modal as a Primary Contact.
Preferred Contact Method for Job Seekers
A Job Seeker can now have a preferred contact method set on their record. By default, a newly created Job Seeker's preferred contact method will be set based on the preferences set in Admin Settings. This can be edited at any time from the Edit Job Seeker modal.
Additionally, if the preferred contact method for a Job Seeker is Email, but they have unsubscribed from Bulk Emails, the following will appear in their Personal Data pane.
New Placements Filter: Vacancy Type
From the All Placements index page, you can now filter by Vacancy Type.
Suspension-related data in the ESS Data Panel
You can now view the expected suspension end date and suspension reason in the ESS Data panel of all jobActive, DES and TTW participants.