Why is this important?
Vendors can change: addresses, contact details, ABNs and trading names. Often, they cease to be a relevant trader. Suppliers should be updated regularly for expenses to be accurate and up to date. That's why editing a supplier record is an important and useful feature.
Similarly, mistakes happen. Sometimes errors are saved in the system and we need to correct them.
Editing a supplier lets you:
- Update supplier details
- Mark an old, outdated or blacklisted supplier as DO NOT USE
- Remove an option from the supplier dropdown menu in an expense by marking it as inactive
How it works
You cannot delete a supplier record. Removing a supplier record is performed by editing it as DO NOT USE or editing the Active checkbox.
When edits are performed:
- Any edits will override the previous record.
- All expenses linked to the old supplier, will change to the new supplier details.
Consider creating a new supplier record with the new supplier details, if you want your existing expenses to remain the same.
How to edit a supplier
In order to edit a supplier, you will need to have completed the below steps:
You will need:
- Master Expense Editor permission enabled
- Navigate to the supplier record
- Click on the pencil icon in the Supplier details panel
- Edit the fields according to your intended updates
- Click on Save supplier
To remove the supplier from being selected by staff - when they create a new expense
Edit one of the following fields:
- Untick the Active box.
- Tick DO NOT USE.
- This will also mark the record with a DO NOT USE flag.
- This can be filtered using the 'Exclude do not use?' filter in the All employers list page.