Why is this important?
Expense types are categories for expenses to be grouped by. They let you categorise and code expenses for reporting purposes. You can create wage subsidy expense types and jobseeker reimbursement expense types to help you distinguish them from one another.
Expense types can have their own special settings
- Wage subsidy expense types, which have their own approval limit
- Whether it is a claimable expense type, that can be synced with ESS
- Whether it has a second level approver expense type
How it works
The expense types created here will determine the dropdown menu of options that users can select from when they create an expense and populate the 'Type' field.
How to Configure Expense Types in Admin settings
You will need:
- Admin access
- Click on the settings cog icon at the top of the Job Ready main menu to access Admin settings
- Click on Expense Types
- Click on the programme tab that these Expense Types will apply to (DES, etc.)
- Click on +
- Enter the expense types details in the appropriate fields
- Name of the expense type as it will appear when a user raises an expense or an admin sets up a referral program type in Admin settings.
- Expense type code. Four digits or characters. Used to reference the expense type. Must be unique and not already existing in the system.
- GL Account code, if applicable.
- Ticking the Active check box means the Expense type will appear in the dropdown menu when users raise an expense or supplier purchase order. Unticking will deactivate the expense type and keep it dormant as a draft in Expense Type settings.
- Ticking the wage subsidy checkbox indicates that the expense type can be categorised as relating to wage subsidy expenses. Expenses with an expense type with Wage Subsidy ticked will draw from the Wage Subsidy approval limits that are set up in user profiles.
- Tick if this is a Claimable expense. This pertains to the Employment Fund - jobactive only.
- Makes second-level approval required. Expenses with this expense type will go to the user with a second-level approver ticked in their user profile. They will be prompted to approve after the expense has been approved the first time.
- Enter tool tip text to guide the user here. It will appear under the expense type in yellow when a user creates a new expense and selects this expense type.
- Select Save.
View and edit Expense Types
- To View the expense types you have created select the applicable programme tab. A panel with the expense types with the following details will be displayed:
- Edit the expense type by selecting the pencil button under the Action column
- A record cannot be deleted. To remove it from the system deactivate it by unticking the Active check box in its settings.