Why is this important?
Recording a jobseeker's hours and earnings is an essential part of being able to lodge claims.
Job ready lets you record this data in the individual placement itself so that it's easy to find.
This feature is versatile, and is important in order to do the following:
- Record Enter weekly earnings and income per phase in order to track your wage histories
- Store evidence required for claims for lodgement
- Store data that allows you to download wage history verification forms
- Record permissible breaks on a phase defined level
How it works
Earings and hours worked are entered in the wage histories tab. You are able to dictate how long the earning period is, depending on your individual reference. Your payment period can be weekly, fortnight, monthly; whatever you choose.
Rather than entering permissible breaks for the whole placement - you can enter a period with zero earnings and hours to signify a permissible break that occurred during a specific phase.
How to enter a wage history
In order to enter a wage history record, you will need to have completed the below steps
- Set wage history verification sources in admin settings
- Create a DES placement OR be syncing DES placements from ESS
Contact job ready to sync placements for you.
You will need:
- DES programme
- Wage history feature enabled on in your site
Contact the job ready team to activate this feature for you.
- Find the Placement record you want to record earnings and hours worked for
- Go to the wage histories tab
- Click on +
- Enter the information in the modal as below:
- The earnings period start date. Enter the first day that the jobseeker worked for that earning cycle.
- Example: If the jobseeker at the bakery they are placed at, gets paid fortnightly: Enter the first day of that pay period.
- The earnings period start date. Enter the last day that the jobseeker worked for that earning cycle.
- Hours the jobseeker worked in that pay period.
- How much the jobseeker is being paid per hour for this placement.
- The earnings for that placement. Enter the gross income amount (before taxes are applied).
- The placement phase that the jobseeker was in when this pay period occurred.
- The type of evidence that you are using to prove that the jobseeker worked that period, or earned that amount.
- Example: Payslip
- The dropdown options that staff member can select is configured in Admin settings.
- You can use this to track the verification source you are using or to indicate the type of file you are attaching (see 9).
- Example: Payslip
- Additional special comments that explain the earning period further.
- Example: A shorter week was worked for this period, due to illness.
- Upload the evidence for the pay period, if applicable: such as a scanned payslip or screenshot of an employer verification.
You've got it! Now it's time to make sense of the report we just created data for.
See how you're outcome's tracking...