JobActive is the Australian Government’s employment service to help Australians to work and help employers find the right staff for their business.
To find a local JobActive provider, use the Find a Provider search.
How does JobActive help employers?
The network of JobActive providers across Australia can help employers find staff for their business. JobActive providers will work with you to understand and meet your staffing needs. They will:
- refer potential employees for your business who are ready for a real work environment
- provide support after your new employee starts work and as they settle into the job
- provide wage subsidies for eligible job seekers who are mature aged (over 50), long-term unemployed, or Indigenous, under 30 years of age, or a parent.
Your JobActive provider can give you a copy of their service delivery plan outlining the services you can expect. Plans can also be found on the services tab for each provider at JobSearch.
How does JobActive help job seekers?
JobActive provides eligible job seekers with access to tailored help from a JobActive provider, based on their assessed needs. This could include:
- help to look for work, write a résumé and prepare for interviews
- referrals to jobs in their local area
- training that is suited to the skills that local employers need
- case management so that job seekers are ready to take up and keep a job
- support to complete Work for the Dole or other eligible activities to provide them with work-like experiences, to help them learn new skills and improve their chances of finding a job.