Why is this important?
Entering expense data in the system is one thing, but you'll also need to send purchase orders to suppliers so that they can process their orders.
The great thing about this?
You can design your very own purchase order template with your own logo. Data from the Expense record will then print straight into a PDF. How easy is that?
How it works
Your users can simply download a purchase order from an expense record. The expense data in the expense record will merge into a PDF in the template. But first, we have to create and upload that template in admin settings for it to work.
How to Create a purchase order template
You will need:
- Microsoft Word, or a word processor
- Mergeable Fields for Purchase Order Templates
- Create a new document in Word
- Review the Mergeable Fields for Purchase Order Templates. This article provides you with a guide to what data we can merge into a Purchase Order. The Job Ready Support team will add the relevant merge fields into your template.
- Determine your Purchase Order layout and add your finishing touches. This could include a splash of colour, or your company logo.
- Send your finished template to the Job Ready team! We'll take care of the rest.
For your template to work with Job Ready, it must be in .doc or .docx format. Although we do not support PDF templates, the Purchase Orders themselves will be generated in a PDF format.
Because Purchase Orders are generated in a PDF format, you may notice some formatting changes with the final product. Our team will work with you at every step to make sure your finished product is as accurate to your vision as possible!
What Job Ready will do:
- Add the merge fields in the appropriate places in the document.
- Upload the template to your Staging environment for testing. Only Job Ready staff will be able to do this.
After we've uploaded it to your Staging environment, we will be in touch. You can ask for any changes to be made, or ask us to upload your template to Production if you're happy with the result.
I need some inspiration!
Ask us about our Generic Templates!
The team has put together generic templates with basic formatting. It contains all the essential information you might need on a purchase order. You can use this template as a starting point, and apply your own content to it, or simply use it as is.
Ready for more finance settings?