At ReadyTech we are focused on protecting the security and privacy of your data. We will NOT send Personally Identifiable Information via the service desk.
If you need to transfer or discuss personally identifiable information (PII) with us outside of our hosted applications, it’s important that you do so securely.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII): information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. This includes:
- a photo of a customers face
- identification numbers (e.g. TFN or IRD numbers)
- IP addresses
- employment information
- grading and assessment information
- health records
- financial information
Security in Email
E-mail is as unsecured a communication method as a postcard.
We strongly recommend against including or attaching sensitive data to email, unless attachments are encrypted with a key shared via a different channel (voice or SMS).
Security in Support Requests
Avoid sending PII in support requests. Refer to our Secure Transfer Options below.
Secure Transfer Options
- Make data available to one of our team members through your corporate SFTP
- Send a file to one of our team members in an encrypted email attachment - AES256 encrypted zip with a password shared via alternate channels (eg voice, SMS)
- Upload files to a SharePoint location configured for sharing
For more information, please contact our support team via Freshdesk or on 02 9018 5525.