Why is this important?
Whereas expenses let you raise the intended costs to be approved, invoices record the actual expense events that eventuated. Invoices get attached to the expense record after the purchase. They let you reconcile the actual date of purchase, supplier paid dates, and purchase amounts against the DETAILS that were initially approved. Most importantly, any invoice that deviates too much from what was approved will be flagged for escelation.
How it works
Each expense record will have an invoice panel that stores the related invoice data. Admins or expense master editors enter the invoice details and attach an invoice document or receipt if applicable. If the invoice amount differs by a margin greater than the invoice tolerance percentage that has been configured in admin settings, the expense has to be cancelled and re-approved with the correct amounts.
How to attach an invoice to an expense
In order to associate an invoice to an expense you will need to have completed the below steps:
You will need:
- Admin access
- Go to Finance from the Job Ready main menu
- Click on Expenses
- Click on the expense record you wish to add invoice details for
- Go to the Invoice panel
- Click on the pencil icon
- Add the appropriate fields
- Click on Update Expense
If the invoice total differs from the expense total more than the invoice tolerance margin that has been set in admin settings, an error message will appear.
You will need to cancel the expense, and re-create an expense for approval with the accurate amount.
If the invoice is rejected due to invoice tolerance
You will need:
- Can cancel expense user permission enabled
- Click on the x to close the invoice modal
- Navigate to the toolbar of the expense
- Click on Cancel Expense
- Go to the relevant jobseeker
- Go to the toolbar of the jobseeker show page
- Click on New > Expense
- This time, enter the item costs that reflect the invoice amount for approval
- Allocate an approver
- Click Save the expense
- Once the new expense is approved, Re-enter the invoice details by following the steps outlined in this article above.
The invoice totals are now within the invoice tolerance limit, so you will be able to save the invoice.
Next: Upload an invoice